This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
If you love banana bread, this dairy free Coconut Bread is going to knock your socks off. I had some very ripe bananas that needed using, but I wanted something different than your average banana loaf this time. I’ve been on a bit of a coconut kick lately, so I decided to throw some in with a handful of chocolate chips. Wow. The result was pretty dang tasty! If you wanted to kick this up even ANOTHER notch, you could top it off with a dairy free sugar glaze, a scoop of your favorite milk free ice cream, or some vegan chocolate sauce and a few chopped nuts. Whether plain for breakfast or dressed up for dessert, this banana bread will not disappoint!
Dairy Free Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup of your favorite dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine Earth Balance, softened
- 2 cups whole wheat flour white or gluten free will work too
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips I used these.
- 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
- In a small cup, mix your milk and the vinegar together. Let it sit for 5 minutes while you follow the rest of the preparations, so that the milk curdles a bit.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease your loaf pan, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your margarine and sugar until well combined and smooth. To that mixture, add your flour, baking powder, and baking soda.Give it a good mixing with a fork to combine it well.
- Next, add your bananas, milk, vanilla, and 1/4 cup coconut. Mix well until smooth. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the mixture into your prepared loaf pan, and top with the remaining chips and coconut. Press the chips and coconut down a bit to help them stick.
- If you’re baking in a glass loaf pan, you’ll want to bake the loaf for about 50 mins. A tin pan will take 5 or 10 minutes less, so keep an eye on it and be sure to test the middle to confirm that it’s done. Let it rest on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then try not to eat the whole loaf!
If you loved this dairy free Coconut Banana Bread recipe, you may also like my recipe for Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @milkfreemom on Instagram and hashtag it #milkfreemom
Yummm!! I love that you added coconut in. I will have to try this one!