This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Last updated on January 8th, 2022
These no-bake Dairy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites take just five minutes to make, and you only need a handful of ingredients. It’s a great recipe to make with the kids, and the perfect treat if it’s too hot for baking.
The Dairy Free Chocolate
To keep these free from milk you’ll want to be sure you choose dairy free chocolate chips. For this batch I used the mini chips from Enjoy Life Foods, but I’ve also tested these with No Whey Choco Morsels, and Hu Dark Chocolate Gems. If you like your desserts on the sweeter side, you’ll want to be sure you choose a chocolate option that is at least semi sweet and contains a bit of sugar or a sugar alternative.
Peanut Butter and Nut Free Options
I’m using an organic, sweetened peanut butter in this batch of bites. If you like your desserts on the sweeter side, unsweetened peanut butter may not work for you in these.
The grain free pretzels from Quinn are my go-to pretzel and what I use to keep these gluten free, but any of your favorite pretzels will work. Other gluten free pretzels I like are Glutino, Cauliflower pretzels, and Savor Street.
Salted pretzels will give you good results and help you to achieve that balance of salty/sweet, but an unsalted pretzel will work in these too. I prefer to break the pieces up pretty small before I mix the pretzels in to the chocolate mixture. If the pieces are too big, it’s just too crunchy and chunky for me. Save some bigger pieces to sprinkle on the top of the bites.
(Dairy Free) No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips see above for suggestions
- 1 cup peanut butter see above for nut free options
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup pretzel pieces see above for gluten free options
- 1/4 cup peanut butter optional
- 1/4 cup pretzel pieces optional
- Add your chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil in to a large microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave until everything is melted. This took about a minute in my microwave.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir everything together until it's nice and smooth.
- Gently fold in your pretzel pieces.
- Line and 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Cut the paper a bit bigger than your dish so it will come up the sides. This will make for easier removal from your pan later.
- Gently press your mixture in to the parchment lined baking dish.
- Melt the 1/4 cup additional peanut butter in microwave to melt it so you can drizzle over the top of the bites.
- While your peanut butter is in the microwave, sprinkle your pretzel pieces over the top of your bites in the baking dish.
- Give your melted peanut butter a good stir. It should have a more liquid-like consistency. If it's too thick, you can stream in a bit of melted coconut oil. Drizzle it over your bites.
- Cover your pan tightly so the cover doesn't touch the top of your bites, and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- When you're ready to cut them, use the parchment paper to gently lift the bites out of the dish. I put mine on to a cutting board, then cut them in to your desired size.
- Store these in the refrigerator. You can take one out about 30 minutes before you want to eat it for a softer texture, or eat them cold right out of the refrigerator.
Did you make these dairy free Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.