This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Smoothie bowls may look fancy, but they couldn’t be more simple to make. This Dairy Free Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl is my favorite, and it only takes 5 minutes to put together. It’s full of sweet refreshing fruits, and plenty of vitamins and antioxidants. If you’re looking for a healthy treat that feels like an indulgence, you’ll love this recipe!
The trick to getting the perfect thickness for your smoothie bowl is to add the juice a little bit at a time. Too little juice and you’ll find that your blender has a hard time doing it’s job of blending. Too much juice and your smoothie will be too watery and end up like a juice. Start with 4 ounces and work your way up, until you’ve reached a consistency that you like.
The type of blender that you use will play a large role on how creamy and smooth you’re able to get your smoothie. I’ve had this Vitamix for years, and it does an amazing job. Although it’s pricey, I use it to make so many things like soups, sauces, fruit purées and nut milks. If you’re considering a blender, Vitamix is definitely one worth considering.
I find my frozen dragon fruit and passion fruit at Whole Foods, but you can also find it in the frozen food section of other stores like Target. I use the frozen dragon fruit purée from Pataya, who also makes the frozen passion fruit pieces I uses. If you can’t find frozen, you can always purchase it fresh, and peel, dice, and freeze it yourself. I like to top my bowls with a bit more fruit such as frozen berries, more freshly chopped dragon fruit, and some edible flowers to give it a tropical, fancy vibe.
If you like this recipe, try my Raspberry Dragon Fruit Smoothie!
Dairy Free Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- 7 oz frozen dragon fruit puree with or without seeds (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries pitted
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen passion fruit
- 4 oz orange juice or more for thinner consistency
- Chopped fresh fruit for garnish (optional)
- Pour your orange juice in to a high speed blender, then add in your remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until the consistency is to your liking. Add in more orange juice a splash at a time if the smoothie is too thick.*
- Pour your smoothie in to a bowl, and top with with fresh fruit and edible flowers if you'd like.
Did you make this Smoothie Bowl?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.
Be sure to tag @milkfreemom on Instagram and hashtag it #milkfreemom!