Pineapple is the perfect summer fruit. It’s versatile, sweet, tropical, and it’s also pretty cool looking. I love pineapple raw, but it can also be whipped from frozen to create an “ice cream” (think Dole Whip), used in smoothies with fresh mint, or added to baked goods. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals, and also contains an enzyme called bromelain, which might play a role in a range of different health benefits.
If you like pineapple, you’ll love this recipe for Vegan Pineapple Cobbler. It’s easy to make, sweet, fruity, and free from dairy and eggs. This is great for entertaining, and I like to top it with some homemade whipped coconut cream. It’s like a piña colada in cake form, and makes an amazing spring or summer dessert. Adult and kid approved!
NOTE: If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can substitute with 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Vegan Pineapple Cobbler
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease or spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the center of your mixture and pour in your wet ingredients. Mix it just until it’s smooth.
- Gently fold in your pineapple and pour the batter into your baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.