The kids will love this warm, filling soup, and mom will love it because it's loaded with veggies. If you're a meat eater, you can also add a handful of shredded chicken. Serve it hot with a piece of crusty bread. Yum!
Veggie Dumpling Soup
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoon dairy free butter I like Earth Balance
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled and finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 62 oz veggie stock
- 16 oz potato gnocchi check to ensure they're dairy free
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large soup pot over medium low heat.
- Melt your Earth Balance, then add your celery, garlic, onion, and carrots.
- Cook for a few minutes until your veggies soften.
- Add your flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly so that it doesn’t burn.
- Salt and pepper your veggies, add your thyme, then your stock. Bring your stock to a boil, then gently add your gnocchi, corn, and peas.
- Cook until the gnocchi start to float, then taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as needed.