This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
The kids will love this warm, filling soup, and mom will love it because it’s loaded with veggies. If you’re a meat eater, you can also add a handful of shredded chicken. Serve it hot with a piece of crusty bread. Yum!
Veggie Dumpling Soup
A delicious way to get your veggies! This recipe takes a dumpling shortcut by using frozen gnocchi. It's always a big hit with the kids.
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp dairy free butter I like Earth Balance
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled and finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 62 oz veggie stock
- 16 oz potato gnocchi check to ensure they're dairy free
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large soup pot over medium low heat.
- Melt your Earth Balance, then add your celery, garlic, onion, and carrots.
- Cook for a few minutes until your veggies soften.
- Add your flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly so that it doesn’t burn.
- Salt and pepper your veggies, add your thyme, then your stock. Bring your stock to a boil, then gently add your gnocchi, corn, and peas.
- Cook until the gnocchi start to float, then taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1493mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4222IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @milkfreemom or tag #milkfreemom!
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below, and tag @milkfreemom on Instagram and hashtag it #milkfreemom
This is my favourite soup of all time. It is now my soup. When my family is hungry I’ll say “I’ll make the soup” and it will be this soup. I’m distraught that there aren’t more comments on this delicious post!
Hi Amy! I’m so glad you and you’re family like the soup!
I agree with Amy, this soup is delicious and there should more people on here raving about it! It is super easy to make and perfect for my toddler with food allergies and husband who loves comfort food!
This soup is wonderful. My family loves veggie soup. we are trying to go completely gluten and dairy free, so had to make small alterations but I love it and I love potato gnocchi :). Thank you for giving our family a new favorite.
This recipe turned out so well! I didn’t have any gnocchi, so I used wide egg noodles instead. As a result, I needed to add an extra three tablespoons of flour to the broth to get the same consistency as that of the picture. This was so good! It’s now in the regular recipe rotation at our house 🙂