- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond milk or your favorite dairy free milk substitute
- 1/3 cup pureed pure pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground or milled flax seed try it with Chia seeds too!
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice I used 3/4 because I really like the flavor to be strong
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of salt
- 5 or 6 chopped pecans
- tablespoon or two pure maple syrup
In a small saucepan, combine your milk, oats, and a sprinkle of salt.
Bring your oats to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes or until just about done.
Add your remaining ingredients except for the pecans and syrup, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Scoop your oatmeal into a bowl, and top with the pecans and maple syrup. Try not to get addicted!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 333mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12710IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 348mg | Iron: 3mg