This post was last updated on May 14th, 2021 at 01:03 am
Dairy free blondie cookie bars are pretty popular in my house because my little guy doesn’t like chocolate (which rules out brownies). I love this recipe because it only takes minutes to make, there’s no rolling, cutting, shaping, or scooping of dough required, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. The final result is a moist, crumbly, deliciously sweet cookie bar that the whole family goes crazy for.
The recipe for these blondies can be easily adapted to suit your dietary needs, and they happen to be vegan. I’ve used both peanut butter and Sunbutter with delicious results. Any nut or seed butter with texture similar to peanut butter should work, so feel free use what you like. These have also been tested with almond, coconut, rice, and sunflower milk, and all worked perfectly. Coconut sugar can also be used to substitute for the brown sugar.
For stir in options, I like dairy free chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or candies like No-No’s. Other delicious options are mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips, sprinkles, nuts, or candy corn at Halloween.
It should be noted that these blondies are best when allowed to cool completely, preferably overnight. Letting them sit overnight allows them to set, and results in a moist blondie. Of course, they are delicious straight out of the oven, but they tend to fall apart easier when not left to cool.
These are fantastic as-is, and are especially heavenly when warmed up and topped with some homemade banana ice cream!
Dairy Free Blondie Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup Sunbutter peanut butter or any other nut butter also works perfect
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil canola oil also works
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 non-dairy milk I've had great results with almond and sunflower milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks, or dairy-free candy of choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease (or spray with cooking spray) an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together Sunbutter, oil and sugar, then add the milk and vanilla. .
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, then gently fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the dough evenly in the baking pan and press it into place
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. The edges should start to lightly brown, and the center should feel semi-firm. Let cool completely before slicing.