This post was last updated on April 2nd, 2021 at 01:22 am
We all need a simple, go-to dessert recipe, and this dairy free Lemon Custard Pie is just that. You only need a few minutes and some basic kitchen staples to put it together, and the result is a delicious pie that the whole family will love.
This recipe takes advantage of a frozen pie crust, so feel free to choose your favorite. I’m currently loving this Wholly gluten free pie shell that I found at Whole Foods. It’s a buttery, flaky crust, and unsuspecting guests will never know this pie is free from dairy and gluten.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can bake it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready. Pop it out of the fridge and top it with a generous topping of coconut whip and a lemon slice, and you’ve got yourself a delicious dessert for your guests, AND you can take all the credit for making it yourself. It’s the perfect cool, refreshing treat on a warm spring or summer night.
Dairy Free Lemon Custard Pie
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk canned, not the beverage
- Your favorite pie crust dairy free, gluten free if needed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, whisk together your lemon juice and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in your eggs and coconut milk, and whisk until smooth. There may be a few small lumps, and that’s ok.
- Gently pour your lemon filling into your prepared crust, and bake for about 35-45 minutes or until cooked through and set.
- Cool your pie on a wire rack, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Did you make this dairy free Lemon Custard Pie?
Please let me know how they turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.