This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Like many other people in the world, I’ve been stuck in the house and indulging way too much lately. This Dairy Free Oatmeal Bowl is a delicious treat for breakfast (or anytime, really), and it tastes like an indulgent treat while remaining pretty healthy. If you’d like you can double, triple, or quadruple the oats and refrigerate for use later throughout the week.
Dairy Free Caramelized Banana Oatmeal Bowl
If you want to eat dessert for breakfast and not feel bad about it, this is your dish. Naturally sweet and delicious, this oatmeal bowl will be your new favorite way to start the day.
For the oats:
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or your milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 cup quick oats
- Pinch of salt
- 2 scoops 20 grams collagen peptides (optional)
- Half banana seared in 1 teaspoon coconut oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side, until browned
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- Bring your milk to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning. Add in your oats, cocoa, and salt.
- Cook for about 1 minute, then stir in your collagen peptides if you’re using them.
- Cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let it stand off the heat for a few minutes.
- Put your oats in a medium sized cereal bowl and layer your toppings. Serve hot.
Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 618mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @milkfreemom or tag #milkfreemom!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @milkfreemom on Instagram and hashtag it #milkfreemom