This Herbed Cucumber Salad is the perfect way to use up those summer cucumbers and herbs from the garden. Enjoy it as-is, or top it with some crumbles of toasted pita bread. You can enjoy this as a simple side dish, and it’s great alongside my Simple Pulled Pork. To make it into a filling, healthy meal, add in some leafy greens and 1/4 cup garbanzo beans.
Fresh lemon juice is best in this recipe, and I wouldn’t recommend using bottled. The brightness of the lemon pairs deliciously with the fresh herbs and vegetables. A good quality olive oil will also make a notable difference in this dish. Fresh, crispy herbs are pretty much the star in this salad, adding plenty of bright, savory flavor.
You’ll want to eat this salad right away. The leftovers don’t keep well, as the salt draws the juices out of the cucumbers. You probably won’t have any leftovers, anyway!
Herbed Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup plus good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 English cucumbers sliced on the thin side
- 5 radishes thinly sliced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine your olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the remaining ingredients, then gently toss with the olive oil dressing.
- Serve immediately.