This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Last updated on April 27th, 2021
These Banana Oat Bars are so simple to make, and contain no gluten, dairy, or nuts. They’re a delicious snack that packs great for school or work, and kids love them. If you don’t need these to be nut free, you can make them using peanut butter or your favorite nut butter of choice.
My son doesn’t like chocolate, so I drizzle half of the bars with both chocolate and Sunbutter, and the other half with just Sunbutter. If you’re looking for some dairy free chocolate to drizzle on these, I love Hu Gems, Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chips or chunks, and No Whey Choco Morsels.
These will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. They’re also freezer friendly!
Easy Banana Oat Bars (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free)
- 3 medium bananas ripe or overripe
- 2 cups oats (rolled or quick) gluten free if needed
- 1/2 cup sunbutter peanut butter can be used if you're not nut free
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted optional
- 1/2 cup sunbutter, melted optional, peanut butter can be used
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. I let enough paper go up the sides for easy removal later.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Mix in your sunbutter and oats.
- Spread the dough evenly throughout your baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then lift the bars out of the pan using the sides of the parchment paper.
- Drizzle your bars with melted chocolate and more sunbutter if you'd like. I microwave my chocolate and peanut butter in separate bowls for about 30 seconds each to melt. Give it a good stir, and heat it for a few more seconds if it's not melted and thin enough to drizzle. Let the chocolate and peanut butter harden before cutting or storing.
Did you make these Banana Oat Bars?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.