These Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Muffins take only minutes to put together, and they’re moist, delicious, and free from refined sugar. They’re sweetened naturally with blueberries and pure maple syrup, making them the perfect healthy snack or addition to your breakfast.
A Note About Gluten Free Flour
Different brands of gluten free flour will produce varied results, largely due to the differences in ingredients. I prefer Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour, which usually works very well as a 1-to-1 substitution for regular all purpose flour. This flour contains xantham gum, which works as a binding agent to help hold on to moisture and keep baked goods from falling apart. If your flour does not contain xantham gum, I recommend adding in 1/4 teaspoon to this recipe.
I prefer to use whole food ingredients when I can, so I make these using coconut oil. If you can’t have coconut, you can also substitute it with melted vegan butter or a neutral tasting oil like canola.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 large bananas very ripe
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour 1 to 1 substitution with xantham gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup wild blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line or spray your muffin tin.
- Mash your bananas well in a large mixing bowl, and stir in your oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Create a well in the center of the batter and add in your flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well just until combined.
- Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Fill each cup of your muffin tin about halfway with batter, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Did you make these Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Muffins?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.