This dairy-free french toast casserole makes frequent appearances on my breakfast table, whether for a special holiday brunch or a busy weekday morning. It’s loved by adults and kids alike, and can be prepared the night before. Feel free to double the recipe if you’d like to make it for a busy week ahead.
Dairy Free French Toast Casserole
- Grease, spray, or oil a small baking dish. The dish should hold at least 2 quarts.
- Cut your bread into bite sized pieces and spread them evenly on the bottom of your dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread, and press the bread down a bit to make sure it’s all covered. At this point you can refrigerate it overnight, or bake it right away. I prefer to refrigerate it overnight because the flavors all have a chance to come together.
- When you’re ready to bake it, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Bake your casserole on the middle rack of the oven for about 35-45 minutes, until the center is cooked through and the casserole starts to puff up. It’s delicious served fresh out of the oven with warmed maple syrup! Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
Did you make this recipe?
You may also like: