This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
This dairy-free french toast casserole makes frequent appearances on my breakfast table, whether for a special holiday brunch or a busy weekday morning. It’s loved by adults and kids alike, and can be prepared the night before. Feel free to double the recipe if you’d like to make it for a busy week ahead.
Dairy Free French Toast Casserole
You can make this dish gluten-free by substituting with gluten-free bread. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
- 6 oz french bread (one small loaf)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (other plant based milks will work)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Grease, spray, or oil a small baking dish. The dish should hold at least 2 quarts.
- Cut your bread into bite sized pieces and spread them evenly on the bottom of your dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread, and press the bread down a bit to make sure it’s all covered. At this point you can refrigerate it overnight, or bake it right away. I prefer to refrigerate it overnight because the flavors all have a chance to come together.
- When you’re ready to bake it, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Bake your casserole on the middle rack of the oven for about 35-45 minutes, until the center is cooked through and the casserole starts to puff up. It’s delicious served fresh out of the oven with warmed maple syrup! Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @milkfreemom or tag #milkfreemom!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @milkfreemom on Instagram and hashtag it #milkfreemom
You may also like:
Loaded Dairy Free French Toast Casserole
Dairy Free French Toast Sticks