This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Last updated on May 11th, 2022
We’ve been eating this spinach egg sandwich for years and it’s still one of our favorites. It’s delicious any time of day and an easy way to get in a serving of vegetables. When my son was a toddler he would gobble this up and refer to it as his “green eggs”, like those from Green Eggs & Ham by Dr. Suess. He still eats this happily almost ten years later, which makes me happy to see him getting in those green veggies!
How do I make this spinach egg sandwich?
To make this sandwich you’ll first want to prepare your vegetables.
- wash and dry your vegetables.
- chop your spinach.
- seed and dice your tomatoes.
Once your vegetables are prepared:
- sautée your vegetables in the oil
- add your eggs to the pan
- stir occasionally and cook until the eggs are cooked through.
- season with salt and pepper to taste and top your bagel with eggs and veggies
Can I make this keto?
I use a keto-friendly bagel from Unbagel to keep this low carb and keto-friendly. If you aren’t watching your carbohydrates you could also serve this on an english muffin, traditional bagel, or your favorite roll.
Spinach Tomato Egg Sandwich
- Heat your oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add your spinach and tomato, and sautée for 3 or 4 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes are softened.
- Add your egg and mix well with your spinach and tomato.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the egg is cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top your bagel with the egg mixture, and enjoy!
Did you make this spinach egg sandwich?
Please let me know how they turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.