This post was last updated on May 17th, 2020 at 02:15 am
I love finding new ways to get my toddler to eat his greens, and this egg sandwich is his latest favorite. He gets to eat his “green egg sammy”, and I feel like I’ve won yet another small battle.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large or jumbo egg, scrambled (add a dash of cayenne for the adults if you like)
- 1 whole wheat english muffin, toasted
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray, a teaspoon of olive oil, or a bit of non-dairy butter.
- Add your spinach and tomato, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes,
- Add your egg and mix well with your spinach and tomato.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the egg is cooked through.
- Top your english muffin with the egg mixture, and enjoy!