This post was last updated on March 25th, 2021 at 12:35 am
This is a simple, dairy-free egg dish that’s loaded with veggies and perfect to make ahead for a busy week. You can reheat a slice in just a few minutes for a quick, healthy breakfast. The eggs puff up when baking, then they flatten out like a frittata once they’re out of the oven. I like to serve mine with a side of mixed fruit or a healthy blueberry muffin.
You can also make this for an easy dinner, and it only takes a few minutes to put together. It’s great when used for a sandwich filling in a sandwich roll, sub roll, or between two pieces of toast. We also enjoy this as a dinner entrée with a side of crispy, roasted potatoes.
Making dishes like this ahead of time makes life so much easier for me. I spend just a few minutes on Sunday putting it together, and I have breakfast ready to go for the busy work week ahead. Having breakfast already made for us on Monday means less morning chaos, and I’ll have time to sneak in a little yoga and start my week off right!
Used in this recipe:
Dairy Free Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
- half of an onion thinly sliced
- half of a large tomato diced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Add your onions and sauté until lightly browned and soft. Add in your tomatoes and cook about two minutes. Add your spinach and sauté until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease an 8×8 inch baking pan or pie dish.
- Spread your cooked veggies evenly on the bottom of your prepared pan. Crack your eggs into a medium sized bowl, and whisk until yolks and whites are combined. Salt and pepper to taste, and pour evenly over your vegetables.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through and tester comes out clean.