Just 8 ingredients and a half hour of cooking time, and you’ll be enjoying a nice big bowl of homemade Dairy Free SpaghettiO’s, minus the milk and (ingredients you can’t pronounce).
I LOVED SpaghettiO’s when I was a kid. Even as an adult, I often walk by them in the grocery aisle and contemplate tossing a can or two in my cart. Then I read the label. Not only do those yummy little O’s contain milk that my toddler can’t eat, but there are also a few other ingredients that I can’t identify. No thanks.
Dairy Free Spaghettio’s
- Stir all of your ingredients together in a medium saucepan, except for the pasta and water.
- Bring the tomato mixture to a boil and stir in the pasta. Turn the heat down and cook the pasta as it simmers, stirring often to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until the pasta is tender. The time will vary depending on the size and shape of the pasta but will likely be much longer than indicated on the pasta’s package.
- Add a splash of water at a time, as necessary, to keep the sauce from becoming too dry. I probably added about 1 cup of water by the time I was finished.
- Adjust seasoning to taste – including a bit of sugar, if you prefer your sauce on the sweeter side.