If you’re looking for a fun recipe to serve for a kids party or Superbowl Sunday, these Dairy Free Big Mac Fries will be loved by both the kids and adults! With this recipe you get all the flavors of a Big Mac and fries, without all the junk.
I used crinkle cut fries for this, but you could also use a steak cut or shoe string fry. I liked the crinkle cut because all the sauce and meat nestled in nicely to those crispy crinkles. To keep it easy (and on the healthier side) I used a frozen bag of fries that I baked. My favorite brand of fries is by Alexia, because they offer organic products with minimal, natural ingredients. You can also use homemade fries and fry them in oil if you prefer.
The Special Sauce
If you aren’t familiar with special sauce, it’s the creamy, secret sauce that’s used on Big Macs at McDonald’s. It’s a sweet, slightly tangy, mayonnaise based sauce that gives Big Macs their unique flavor. I used the special sauce by Sir Kensington’s in this recipe. You could also try Primal Kitchen’s Special Sauce, or Todd Wilbur’s Burger Sauce. If you’re avoiding eggs, you can also try a homemade special sauce with vegan mayo.
Low Carb Options
I love this recipe because it’s easy to adapt to everyone’s dietary needs in the house. You can serve it as-is with the fries, or for a low carb option you can skip the fries and pile the meat mixture on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, and the garnish options. In my house my son and husband get the fries, and I serve this to myself as more of a Big Mac salad to cut the carbs.
Dairy Free Big Mac Fries
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes diced, about 14 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, stemmed, and diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles diced
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup special sauce check to make sure it's dairy free
- 16 oz french fries I used frozen crinkle cut fries
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- diced white onion
- fresh diced tomato
- sesame seeds
- drizzle of special sauce
- Bake or fry your french fries according to the packaging instructions.
- While your fries are cooking, cook your onion, pepper, and ground beef over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet until the onions are soft and the beef is cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the pan. Mix in your tomatoes, pickles, and special sauce. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- You can serve these to your liking, either in individual portions or on a big platter, party style. To assemble, lay out your fries then top with beef mixture. Finish it off with your garnishes, and enjoy!
Did you make these Dairy Free Big Mac Fries?
You may also like my Big Mac Bowls.