This post was last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 01:51 am
This dairy & gluten free minestrone soup will quickly become a regular in your weekly rotation, and for good reason. It’s hearty, delicious, and full of vegetables. Fresh basil brings a bright finish to the soup, which is a great way to use up those fresh summer vegetables and herbs.
Dairy & Gluten Free Minestrone
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1/3 lb green beans trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 28 oz no salt added diced tomatoes
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 15 oz kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup gluten free elbow pasta or ditalini uncooked
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for only 30 seconds.
- Add the celery and carrot and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans, dried oregano and basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; cook 3 more minutes.
- Add the diced and crushed tomatoes and the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and pasta, and cook until the pasta and vegetables are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped basil.