This post was last updated on February 7th, 2021 at 01:11 pm
If you’re a chili fan, this kid-friendly turkey chili is a great recipe that’s a bit healthier than traditional recipes, dairy-free, and perfect for the whole family. Our little guy is very sensitive to spices, and this has just the right amount of spicy / smokiness for him.
I love to make a big pot of this on Sunday so I have an easy lunch option throughout the week. The chili becomes more flavorful after it rests overnight, which it makes it perfect for meal prepping. It packs easily in a thermos (this one is my favorite), and is a great option for lunchboxes, potlucks, entertaining, or game day.
We like to top our chili with some crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado, and some freshly chopped cilantro. It’s also great to use for chili dogs!
Kid Friendly Turkey Chili
- 30 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles mild
- 15 oz can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat your oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add your turkey and onions, and cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add in your garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes.