This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Last updated on December 27th, 2021
These Granola Crispy Bars are a variation of the classic Rice Krispies treat that we all grew up loving, and they’re dairy, egg, nut, and gluten free. I replaced the rice cereal with a healthier granola that has a touch of strawberry, and used natural marshmallows and plant based butter to keep them dairy free.
The strawberry granola from Made Good is the star ingredient in these treats, but any light and crispy granola will work. The Made Good granola has a texture closer to cereal, and is made with oats and brown rice crisps. If you’re looking for a substitute, you’ll want to try to find one with similar ingredients or the results will vary. This one from The Safe + Fair Food Company is a great alternative.
I used the mini marshmallows from Dandies to make these, which I buy at Whole Foods and on Amazon. If you’re looking for a marshmallow that’s vegan, dye free, or natural, these are delicious and my go-to! They taste just like regular marshmallows, and they melt perfectly.
The Plant Based Butter
Earth Balance has been my favorite plant based butter for about a decade, and it works great in these crispy treats. I used the vegan buttery sticks, and you can choose between salted or unsalted. I used the salted sticks because I find that the salt helps balance the sweetness just a bit.
Storing These Crispy Treats
These will keep nicely at room temperature in an airtight container for a 4-5 days. You can also warm them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to heat them up and make them extra gooey!
Strawberry Granola Crispy Treats
- Melt your marshmallows and butter in a small pan over medium low heat. It will take several minutes and lots of stirring before you see the marshmallows start to melt.
- Keep stirring, and make sure you scrape the bottom of the pan so it doesn't stick.
- Once it's all melted together and smooth, gently fold in your granola.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking, and press your granola into the pan. Be sure to spread it out evenly.
- Let them sit for an hour or two before eating.
Did you make these Strawberry Granola Crispy Bars?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.