This Vegan Dragonfruit Raspberry Smoothie is my new favorite post-workout treat. It’s naturally sweet, full of stunning (natural) color, and it keeps me full for hours. I like to garnish mine with some freshly picked, frozen berries, which makes it feel like a super gorgeous cocktail.
I use Joi nutbase in my smoothies, but you can replace it (and the cup and a half of water) with a cup and a half of your favorite nutmilk. My protein powder of choice is either vanilla flavored Truvani or creamy vanilla bean flavored Plantfusion. I’ve been using both for years, and love the vanilla flavor because it goes with almost everything I’m blending with it. Any neutral flavored protein powder will work in this recipe, so feel free to use your favorite.
If you aren’t familiar with dragonfruit, it has a mild, sweet taste with the texture of kiwi. Some species of dragonfruit have white flesh on the inside, but most of the frozen pouches at the grocery store use the red fleshed dragonfruit. The results are a stunning, pinkish color. I love it in smoothies, but it’s also great for making fruit cakes, frostings, and glazes.
Vegan Dragonfruit Raspberry Smoothie
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 tbsp Joi nutbase I like organic almond
- 1 pouch frozen dragonfruit about 100 grams
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder my scoops equals about 29 grams
- Add all over your ingredients in to a high speed blender.
- Blend on high about one minute, until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Garnish with some frozen berries and enjoy!