This post was last updated on December 15th, 2020 at 10:46 pm
If there is one food or drink that makes me think about the holiday season, it’s most definitely eggnog. I loved it as a kid, and as an adult it’s become a yearly tradition for me to enjoy a nondairy, spiked cup of ‘nog while decorating our tree. Thankfully there are some good dairy free options for us these days, and this Vegan Eggnog Cake is one my favorite ways to enjoy it.
This is a soft, sweet, decadent dessert that’s simple to make and full of plenty of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger flavor. It’s topped with a sugary eggnog drizzle, and the whole family loves it. We like to take it over the top and pair it with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream. Holiday perfection.
Dairy Free Eggnog
My current favorite vegan eggnog is by Califia Farms. It’s an almond milk base, and while it’s not as thick and creamy as traditional eggnog, the spices and flavor are right on point. The holiday nog creamer from Nut Pods will also work in this, and for a nut free option you can try the soy based Nog from Silk.
Vegan Eggnog Cake
For the cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted (I used Earth Balance buttery spread)
- 2/3 cup vegan eggnog I used So Delicious
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan vanilla yogurt
For the eggnog drizzle
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan eggnog
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and spray or grease a bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Create a well in the center, and add in your wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 45 – 50 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan and cool it on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan by turning it upside down on to your serving dish or cake stand. Allow to cool completely, uncovered.
Make the drizzle
- Add your ingredients into a large bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle it over the cooled cake, and enjoy!