This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Last updated on May 17th, 2020
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy butter, softened (we used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients a little at a time until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, being gently not to break chips. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.