This post was last updated on August 27th, 2020 at 11:04 pm
We all need a go-to dairy-free muffin recipe, and this one is mine! This dairy-free blueberry muffin recipe uses whole wheat flour, no refined sugar, no oil, and plenty of blueberries. It’s a great recipe to make with the kids, and you only need a bowl and spoon to whip the ingredients together. They bake beautifully with or without eggs, which gives you the option to easily make them vegan.
These are a part of my weekly meal prep, and my little guy loves bringing them to school for a snack or as part of his lunch. They’re nut-free, which makes them an easy, school-friendly lunchbox staple. I usually make a double batch and freeze half for when I need something in a pinch.
I also love these muffins as an easy breakfast option for busy mornings. I usually have one with my favorite green smoothie, or alongside my baked spinach mushroom omelette. They’re also a delicious addition to your holiday brunch table, or to have available for overnight guests.
Dairy-Free Healthier Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flax mixed with 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water if you can eat eggs, you can use 2 eggs instead
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cups oats plus some to sprinkle on top of muffins
- 1 cup blueberries I used frozen
- Preheat your oven to 325°F, and line or grease your muffin tin.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a fork, mix in your wet ingredients, but don’t overmix.
- Gently fold in your blueberries using a spatula.
- Fill each cup of your muffin tin about halfway. Sprinkle with more oats on top, if you’d like.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in tin on wire rack, then remove the muffins from the tin and cool completely on rack.