I’m a busy mom, so I know how important it is to have some go-to dairy free products on hand at all times to make life a little easier. These are a few of my dairy-free favorites that I’m loving lately, and I hope they make your life a little easier too!
(Note: None of these are a paid sponsorship. I bought them all with my own cold hard cash.)
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase. This helps me run milkfreemom.com and provide you with free recipes and product ideas!
Yai’s Thai Sweet Chili Sauce – A Dairy And Soy Free Option For Stir Fry
I got this sauce in my Thrive Market order, and it quickly became a favorite in my house. It’s only mildly spicy, which earned the approval of my 10-year-old.
Why I like it:
- It makes dinner prep super simple. A pound of meat and a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables cooked with a bit of this sauce makes an easy, healthy weeknight dinner.
- The ingredients are healthy, and the sweetness comes from fruit instead of processed sugar.
- Ingredients: Vinegar, Pineapple Juice, Red Bell Pepper, Apple Juice, Tamarind Juice, Cassava Flour, Garlic, Sea Salt, Red Chili Pepper
Paleonola Granola – A Dairy and Gluten Free Granola
One of my go-to weekday breakfasts is a bowl of vegan yogurt with some fresh fruit and granola. I’m trying to watch my carbs and sugar, so this Paleonola is a great substitute for traditional granola.
Why I like it:
- It’s refined sugar free. I can’t tell you how many times I pick up granola in the grocery store, only to put it back in disgust over the amount of sugar it contains.
- It tastes amazing! The maple flavored is perfect for fall treats, and is amazing on my Pumpkin Flax Oatmeal.
- It’s made with real ingredients. Here are the ingredients for the Pina Colada flavor pictured here:
- Dried Coconut, Almonds, Honey, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Seeds, Pepitas, Pecans, Flax Seeds, Dried Pineapple, Vanilla Extract.
Mud – A Dairy Free Ice Cream Alternative
If you’re not a fan of dates you may see this Chocolate Mud and say “no thanks”, but I’m here to tell you that stuff is A-MA-ZING. It’s probably one of the healthiest ice cream alternatives that you can eat, and it tastes very similar to the real thing. In fact, I like the stuff so much that I talked to the Wall Street Journal about it! You can read that article here. Here’s a silly picture we took for the article:
Why I like it:
- The ingredients. I love that there isn’t any refined sugar in this, in fact there isn’t any sugar at all. It’s sweetened with dates, which makes it paleo friendly! It looks like they have changed up the product up a bit, so here are the ingredients for the chocolate flavor, according to their website: Organic Coconut Milk (Organic Coconut, Water), Dates, Organic Cacao Powder, Organic Acacia Gum, Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Yes it has 13 grams of sugar because of the dates, but it also has 3 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein. I like having this little bit of a sweet treat, without all the guilt!
- It’s creamy. One complaint my husband has about nondairy ice cream alternatives is that he finds them to be gritty. Mud is creamy and smooth, just like the real thing.
Blake’s Chicken Pot Pie – A Dairy Free Frozen Food Option
A go-to, easy, frozen food that is dairy free can be hard to find, but this Chicken Pot Pie from Blake’s is all of those things AND it’s delicious. I always have a couple of these in the freezer for weeknights that are too busy to cook, or if I’m just feeling too lazy to dirty up my kitchen. There is also a gluten-free pot pie available, but I haven’t tested that one yet.
Why I like it:
- It tastes great. My ten-year-old gets excited when he sees these coming out of the oven, and there are never any leftovers.
- The ingredients. It’s hard to find prepared foods that aren’t filled with high fructose corn syrup, sugar, or weird preservatives that I can’t pronounce. Sure it’s not as healthy as a homemade food, but it’s much better than a trip through the drive thru.
- It’s loaded with veggies. I once tried a chicken pot pie that was literally just chicken, gravy, and crust. WHAAAT?! Where’s the veg? This pie is loaded with chunks of carrots, potatoes and peas.
I get my pies at my local Big Y. You can use Blake’s store locator to find a grocer near you.
(P.S. I have a killer pot pie recipe right here if you can’t find this or want to make your own!)
Dazzle Dry – A Vegan, Fast Drying Nail Polish
OK friends, I know this one isn’t a food item, but I love this stuff so much I had to include it. If you haven’t seen this yet and like manicures, meet Dazzle Dry. This is the only polish I use on my nails now and they are so much healthier.
Why I like it:
- It wears like gel but applies and removes like regular polish. No soaking off with weird aluminum foil fingers!
- It lasts up to three weeks. The trick (and important step) is to really make sure you cap the end of the nail with step 4 (top coat). I recently had a Dazzle Dry mani at a spa, and it chipped the first day because she refused to cap the end of my nail. (If you’re not familiar with that mani term, capping the end just means to liberally paint over the top most edge of the nail. You can see a tutorial here.) My last nail tech gave me two coats of top coat and REALLY capped that free edge, and my mani lasted 2 1/2 weeks!
- It dries in 5 minutes. No lights are needed, the stuff just dries in minutes like magic. It’s perfect for the busy mom!
- It’s hypoallergenic, vegan, and nontoxic.
Dazzle Dry is a bit more expensive than other polishes on the market, but for me the benefits outweigh the cost. You do need to use all four steps for it to work correctly. You can buy one of these mini kits for $35, which has everything you need and is a great way to give it a try. You can learn more about it, find a local nail salon that uses it, and buy the polishes right here. If you sign up for their emails they will send you a code for 20% off.
I hope you get to try these products and love them as much as I do. What are some dairy-free products you’re loving lately? Share in the comments!