This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
These Vegan Sheetpan Pancakes have all the flavor and texture of a regular pancake, but they’re baked in the oven rather than cooked on the stove. It takes only minutes to put these together, and baking them means you don’t have to stand around at the stove cooking individual pancakes. I’m not sure who originally came up with this trendy idea, but it’s a great time-saver!
This recipe uses my vegan banana pancake batter, which means it’s free from dairy and eggs. You can also make these using a gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour substitute if needed. Be aware that the baking time may differ if you choose to use a gluten free flour, so I recommend that you start checking them after 10 minutes.
You can store these pancakes in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in an airtight container, which makes them perfect for meal prep. You can also portion them in to individual servings and store them in your freezer in a freezer safe container or freezer bag.
If you’re reheating these out of the refrigerator you can cook them in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds on high (depending on your microwave) until warmed through. If you’re reheating from frozen, this could take up to a minute. I sprinkle a few water drops on the pancakes before reheating so they don’t dry out. These will also reheat in your oven or toaster oven on 325°F for 5-10 minutes.
Vegan Sheetpan Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1.5 cup milk substitute I use almond milk
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, and line a 13 x 18 inch rimmed sheetpan with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine the “milk”, banana, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine well. Add a splash or two more “milk” if the batter is too thick.
- Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour your batter on to your sheetpan, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Optional Step: You may see that your pancakes come out of the oven and don't have that golden color they get when you cook them on the stove. This is because this is a healthier recipe that doesn't use any oil or butter. If this is unappealing to you, you can brush the top of the pancakes with a bit of plant based melted butter for the last few minutes of cooking.
Did you make these Vegan Sheetpan Pancakes?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe.
Be sure to tag @milkfreemom on Instagram and hashtag it #milkfreemom!